Shahara Wright Menchan
Shahara earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from Hampton University, Honors, in 1995. She earned her law degree from Texas Tech School of Law, in 1998, where she was a member of Phi Alpha Delta. Shahara was licensed to practice law in the State of Texas in 1998.
Shahara Wright is a business owner, business law attorney, business strategist, International Speaker and the Author of From Entrepreneur to CEO.
She has been the owner and Lead Attorney of The Wright Firm, PLLC for 15 years. Shahara provides small and mid-sized companies with legal and business strategies including entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, investor packages and contracts. She has experience with product development, bringing products from mere concept to a fully developed and manufactured brand.
Shahara's recent experience includes:
PUBLICATIONS AND SEMINARS
- Author/Speaker “Choosing the Right Business Entity” for Leisure Learning; HMBC; UBI; City of Houston
- Author/Speaker “Legal Issues Affecting Small Businesses” for GPC; Houston Area Urban League; City of Houston
- Author, “Looking for Liability Protection? Texas Has Choices and So Do You,” Black Business Houston. Vol. 2. Num. 4.
- Author, “Business Contracts 101,” Black Business Houston. Vol. 3 Num. 1.
- Author, “Famous Last Word,” Black Business Houston. Vol. 3 Num. 4.
- Author, “Strategic Alliances Pt. 1 and Pt. 2,” Black Business Houston. Vol. 3.
- Author, “Expanding Your Business Through Franchising,” Black Business Houston, Vol. 4. Num. 1.
- Member of the Local Advisory Committee for the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) and
- Board Member of Houston Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Coffee Clique Leader Pearland - Women Helping Women to Network